Monday, October 19, 2009

Looking for an apartment in Bangalore! Help!

I am looking to rent a 2 BHK (2 bedroom, 2 bathroom hall kitchen) apartment (not an independent house) in Bangalore, 1200+ sq ft. I want a quiet (so no ground floor flats), well lit (surprising how many apartments in Bangalore don't have good windows) apartment (with the usual "peripherals" - power and water backup, security, gym, swimming pool etc). Oh yeah and Airtel Connectivity. Airtel is the best ISP in Bangalore but don't cover all areas equally. I can't live without the Internetz - the main reason I don't live in Trivandrum.)

If any reader of this blog is an apartment dweller and would forward me info on any "to rent" flats, I would be very grateful. Navigating the completely broken apartment rental system in Bangalore is very painful. I would rather deal directly with the owner/renter if possible and not with a middleman, though wouldn't mind paying for a really good broker. (Most are completely clueless and just waste my time).

So if you know anyone renting a nice apartment, do send an email or tweet. Thanks in advance.

PS: I am not changing my marital status (bachelor) or food habits (non vegetarian) to "qualify" for an apartment! ;-)


Update: Found an apartment that meets all my criteria (Thanks to this blog entry! Thanks Vishy! Thanks Prakash! I owe you both a beer!).

The agreement is not signed yet, but the owners seem to be very nice people so I don't anticipate much difficulty. Touch Wood.

Update 2: The rent agreement was signed today. Thanks to everyone who sent in reccomendations. Blogs are useful things after all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have not done so already, it might help to place an ad in the housing wanted section of craigslist.

Ravi said...

@anonymous,
Thanks for the suggestion
Some readers have sent in some nice references. The best way seems to be (as always in India) to go via "contacts". But, yes I'll try CL. Thanks!